Tuesday, July 6, 2010

bothers

A couple things that have been bother me (because of course, you want to know):


1. Fireworks

Now, not the festive ones that are set off by the city to the tunes of patriotic music that takes me back to my 5th grade class on the actual holiday for which they were intended. Those are beautiful and festive and fun and have my full support. No, the ones I'm getting quite sick of are the ones that my neighbors have been setting off in the parking lot for the past month at the most random times. Sometimes it's not even dark outside! What is the appeal of a firework if you can't even see it!? If they just want to set $20 on fire, I could take it off their hands (that's my inner cheapskate coming out). They will never stop startling me and I hate it!! It was the same way in Pocatello. I guess I never knew to be grateful that this wasn't allowed and/or as readily available in Riverside! 


2. "Practically Engaged"


We have a friend (who I really like by the way) who continually describes himself as "practically engaged" and this is just ridiculous to me. Being practically engaged is called dating/in a serious relationship!! The only time you may be practically engaged is if you are sitting at a restaurant with a ring in your pocket waiting for dessert to propose; other than that you are either engaged or you are not. Now, there's no shame in not being engaged but please, own it!!


Phew! I feel better now!

No comments: