Tuesday, May 10, 2011

on the road again...

We hit the road Monday morning at 6:30am. Bring and early! We had to drop off our keys at the rental office and Mikel parked so far away (so that we didn't get stuck in the parking lot) that I got some morning exercise in jogging over and turning in the keys. I can't believe it's all over so fast but can't wait to get to our new house and start exploring a new place.

Just when Mikel thought he left Sears and all things lawn/power equipment behind him, we saw a whole train load full of tractors...
 We drove a lot closer to Chicago and Chicago traffic than Mikel was hoping but Rita (the GPS) told us to so we made it happen. It gave us time to reminisce about our fun trip there with my parents and how I had us set to go to the wrong Chicago airport when we were trying to pick them up. Who puts two major airports in one city anyways! However, I am pretty sure I'm the one who noticed that there may be a chance that we were going to the wrong one so at least I redeemed myself...
 The White Sox's stadium...
 I had to take a picture of this... Choice for healthy eating?! If that's true we're in trouble!
 I looked up this hotel before we left and I'm glad we did. It was a sweet place to stay!
 Cool pool (and we utilized the HUGE whirlpool to relax a little)...
 Indoor/outdoor pool...
 Outside
 Me and Shload making the "moose" sign. Don't zoom in too close on my face on thins one, trust me...
 A family picture by our truck (me and Shload)...
 A view of the outdoor part of the pool from our room....
A good restful night and we're off again in the morning!

No comments: