Wednesday, September 28, 2011

walk to work

Today on my walk to work I thought I would take a couple of pictures to share. These are some of my favorite things on the short (less than a mile) walk to my office:

a cool house

Street names in the sidewalk. These are right at the intersection and it seems simple but for some reason I just love it!

The emergency exit on the elementary school. I always imagine pushing the scared students down if it ever had to be actually used (maybe that's why I work with college students and not elementary).

A church on the intersection of our street. I've realized that I have not developed any sense of direction in Dillon and my only indication of when to turn to go home is seeing this church (perhaps a bit concerning but it works).

The Go Dawgs! messages on the windows (it's homecoming week here).

pretty campus

Main Hall
 This isn't on my walk to work but I thought I'd share my victory. Yes, I beat Mikel and I'm not above bragging about it.