Friday, December 30, 2011

whirlwind holiday

It has been a whirlwind of a couple weeks since Mikel and I left Dillon at the end of the fall semester!

About two weeks ago, we left Dillon for Hazelton to spend some time with Mikel's family. We had time to catch up and Mikel got to do some ice fishing and making some calls with his dad and we got some time to relax. Without fail, regardless of whether I'm in undergrad, graduate school, or teaching/coaching, the end of the semester wipes me out. The emotional and physical letdown at the end of the semester always causes me to spend a couple days absolutely wiped. I generally sleep more than normal and am generally spent! It's nice to relax but somehow, after nine years of college, I still usually don't see it coming and expect it! One of these days I'll remember!

Anyways, it was great to be in Hazelton and get to visit and catch up. One of the worst parts of having families far away and far apart is Mikel and I can't be at both families in the same day. We never get to spend as much time as we want or see them as often as we want. Either way, we definitely appreciate the time we have and the families we are blessed with!