Sunday, January 25, 2009

birthday fun


Yesterday was my golden birthday! I didn't even know golden birthdays existed but I just heard about this when I was home in California after Christmas. It was a golden birthday because I turned 24 on the 24th of January. Mikel apparently loses out because I didn't know him when he was 17. Too bad!


Mikel had to work yesterday afternoon so I had time to hang out, relax, and go to the gym. I should have done homework but... it was my birthday!! I guess that means I have more homework to do today.
I picked Mikel up from work and we went out to a nice dinner at Beggars Banquet. It was a really cute restaurant in downtown East Lansing that we had never tried but got a gift certificate. We thought my birthday was the perfect time to use it!!

After dinner we came home, relaxed and watched a movie. We watched The Express which was a pretty good football movie about Ernie Davis, the first African-American to win the Heisman. All in all, a great birthday!

Now we just have to wait for it to warm up around here!!

No comments: