Monday, October 4, 2010

Brrrrrr!!!!

 The leaves are starting to change colors and I love this time of year! Jeans and sweaters/sweatshirt weather is the best!!

On the other hand, I had to work the football game against Wisconsin on Saturday afternoon and FROZE my behind off!! The temperature wasn't too bad (in the 40s) but there was a steady wind out of the north straight into my face for five straight hours. BRRRRR!!! No amount of clothes could have protected me from that (although I tried).

After the game I realized the ridiculous number of layers I was wearing. Here's a couple snapshots:


That is a pair of silk long underwear (top and bottom), pants, Mikel's socks, warm boots, long-sleeve shirt, MSU fleece, Columbia winter jacket, windbreaker, scarf, beanie, and gloves. I looked like an oompa loompa  but, had it not been for the wind, I would have been TOASTY! Ignore the fact that none of that actually matches, I just have to have khaki pants on and a black top. Everything under that is a bonus!

There are three more games this year so hopefully the wind stays away!

On a side note, Josh is coming to visit this weekend and we're excited to see him!

No comments: