Monday, February 28, 2011


 So I have been coaching a club volleyball team this winter. Yes, this adds more to my plate but I agreed to do it well before Montana Western was even in the picture. The season ends in two weeks and although we're not very good (well, terrible actually) it's been fun. I have had to adjust to a whole different level of dedication (or the lack of dedication really) but I have a good group of girls in general.

Most of our tournaments have been in Grand Rapids at a really nice facility...
 We obviously don't use the weight room but there are five courts, each separated by a net (so balls can't roll between) and they have big electric score boards on the wall so parents don't have to yell "SCORE!! SCORE!!" at the girls during matches.

There's also all these picnic benches so teams can set up food and stuff inside (considering we had freezing rain for weather yesterday). It's a really nice facility and is actually the closest to Lansing, so I like when we get scheduled here!

My team only has four more practices and one tournament to go and I'll be glad when the season's over. It's been a busy start to the semester but it has been fun!

No comments: