Saturday, April 23, 2011

bye bye Breslin

I can't believe we are going to be moving so soon!

Comps were such a stressor that I hadn't thought much past them. However, today was likely my last shift at Breslin.
We hosted Buckle Up and Stop Texting. It was an event about the dangers of texting and driving and they had a pledge to sign that people would never text and drive again. There were free shirts for the first 1,000 people but I'm guessing the took 900+ back home. 

I felt bad for the people because people were telling sad stories about family members who had died texting and driving but it was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and who really wants to come to such a sad event?! I can understanding doing it as a school assembly or even as a halftime or during some other event where there is a captive audience but, as today showed, it wasn't a huge draw by itself. 

Either way, my $2 Goodwill blue blazer has definitely paid off and Breslin has been an awesome part-time job. I've seen cool events and saw more basketball and football than I ever would have been able to otherwise. Another good memory!

No comments: