Sunday, August 14, 2011

filling in the blanks

So much going on and so little time. Here are the highlights of the past couple weeks:

  • Camps, camps, camps! 12 days in Tahoe, 8 days in Georgia, 3 days in Boise, 3 days here at Western all with just 2 days of rest at home. 
  • The day after our camp here at Western ended, team practice started for the fall
  • We had about 35 campers at our camp here which was a GREAT turnout for our first year!
  • 6 days of practice down and 3 more to go before our first tournament
  • Game #1: August 18 vs. Rio Grande and Viterbo at Carroll College (and they let me be in charge?!)
  • Practice is going really well although all the other stuff is exhausting without an assistant
  • The summer school class that I'm teaching for MSU ends August 18 (yes, the day of our first match) and I CAN'T WAIT for it to be over (although I still have a lot of grading to do before then)
  • The staff here at UMW is awesome and supportive and Mikel and I are very thankful to be here
  • I had my first radio and tv interviews last week
  • Mikel is golfing a TON and working even more at the golf course
  • Weather in Dillon- highs in the 70s, lows in the 40s, slight breeze, scattered thunderstorms=HEAVEN (aka perfect golfing weather)
  • One of my players is constantly saying "Wow, you think of everything!!"and it makes me laugh every time because really it's just a mix of logic and survival
Well, those are the highlights for now!

No comments: