Monday, October 24, 2011

loooong weekend

This weekend I spent a looong weekend on the road with the team. We played at Lewis-Clark State in Lewiston, ID on Thursday and the Westminster College in Salt Lake City on Saturday. That means lots of movies, sleeping, and crafts on the 10 hour bus ride in between.

Mikel didn't travel with us this time because our friends were getting married in Pocatello so we split forces.

Our first night we stayed in Moscow, ID and I got a suite (with a complimentary fruit basket)...
addressed to Coach Lisa Griffiths.... I'm kind of a big deal

there were as many TVs in this room as there are in my house

the two bathrooms were overkill but the bed was comfortable
 I got to see Jenny (the maid of honor from our wedding) in Moscow since she lives right down the road in Pullman. It was great to have time to catch up!

From there we traveled down to Lewiston.
team dinner

another team shot with lots of glowing eyes
 After our match in Salt Lake, we all went to the Jason Aldean concert at the Maverik Center in Salt Lake. The team did the research and bought their own tickets and it was so much fun! Thompson Square and Chris Young opened and the whole thing was great!


Overall it was a great weekend and besides Jenny, I also got to see Lois (my roommate from Pocatello) in Salt Lake and Marisa (Mikel's sister) before the concert. My team didn't know I had that many friends!

Mikel said the wedding was beautiful but he doesn't quite take as many pictures as I do so I'll have to take his word for it!