Monday, October 10, 2011

RIP Shload

Last week we said goodbye to a good friend. Shload the Pygmy Toad died.

I bought Shload during my sophomore year at Idaho State and he has lived seven wonderful years and outlived many fish friends (they tend not to be as hearty as the frog in my expert experience) and outlasted many roommates. Luckily, Mikel is the one who found him after he died and buried him in a little Shload grave in our backyard. There were tears (mine) and his bowl is still waiting to be cleaned.

I know it's shocking but we don't have a ton of pictures of Shload but these are the ones I have...
me and Shload on the cross-country trip

just chilling in his bowl


he was a simple frog but a real gem of a pet
Shload survived two trips across the country and multiple dead fish friends but we loved the little guy. RIP Shload, you will be missed.