Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter fun

Easter this year fell over a block break so we had a nice long four-day vacation from school/work/life. This also meant that my class was OVER and I was done teaching for the year. I won't have to teach again until the third block of next year which will be in October. I really enjoy the teaching that I do but I am pretty busy and tired at the moment.

Mikel had to start teaching after the block break (which was this past Monday) but we enjoyed the break while we had it!

On Saturday, my friend (and our athletic trainer) Sarah and I went to Butte and got some shopping done and decided that we needed some Easter cheer in our weekend. We bought eggs to color and Mikel had no idea what he was getting himself into when he got home from fishing!

Sarah and Mikel coloring eggs

our work in progress

we do good work

yes, I am that pale
 While Sarah and I were shopping we decided to get Mikel an Easter basket. We had fun fighting though the people doing last minute shopping and choosing the cheesiest things we could find.

Mikel is always a good sport!
Mikel with his Easter basket
We had a great weekend getting some time to rest and relax and enjoy the Easter holiday.

Now, we are in the homestretch of the semester and Mikel is teaching his last class, Methods of Teaching Team Sports. The team is finishing up practice this week and everyone around here is getting ready to enjoy some summer time!