Saturday, April 4, 2009

GO GREEN GO WHITE!!

This is the picture from the MSU athletic department website of MSU's open practice in Detroit. There were 30,000 people there to watch a 50 minute practice!!! That's so cool! They are opening up the Breslin Center tonight so people can go in and watch the game- it would be fun to go but Mikel has to work so I'm not going to go by myself. I will have my camera ready in case things get exciting around here!

Other than that, we only have 4 weeks of school left! It's technically 4 weeks and then finals week but my finals week will be over on Monday so my semester is over on May 4th. I'm enjoying this semester for the most part but by the end of the semester, I'm always ready for something new.

This summer is looking pretty busy. Mikel will continue working at Sears and looking for openings in the athletic department; we're hoping for some turnover! I get to teach one class, Healthy Lifestyles, for the first 7 weeks from May 18th- July 2nd. I also was awarded a research development fellowship to work on a research project which will be an awesome opportunity! I originally heard that I did not get it but all the sudden last week, my advisor got a phone call and they wanted to offer me one. I'm not sure if someone didn't qualify or backed out-- either way, it works out for me!!
After that, I've got some volleyball camps to coach and it will be fun to get back into the gym! It also looks like Mikel will be able to make a trip to Idaho while I'm there. We found such cheap flights so we had to do it!

Things are busy but good around here!!

No comments: