Sunday, August 9, 2009

the end of the road in Homer...

Today was the last day of camp here in Homer; time has really flown by on this trip. It's sad but when I'm doing camp, I never know what day of the week it is, I just keep track of days by what day of camp it is (day 1, 2 or 3).

Before camp today, Mike was asking some of the parents what we should see in our last day here and they suggested a drive out to the 'end of the road' to see some more glaciers. It was so pretty and I got to take a bunch of pictures.

Here are some of them...




After the drive we stopped by a museum so Mike's son could walk around for awhile. I did a little mini hike outside and took a couple pictures, nothing too exciting...




This trip has been a lot of fun but every time I see something I wish so much that Mikel could be here to see it because he would LOVE it! Tomorrow morning we head to Seward to go on a cruise to see more glaciers and animals and then fly out of Anchorage tomorrow night. One more camp in Chatsworth and a little family time squeezed in and I will be back in Michigan!! I am excited for life to get back to normal when I get to see Mikel every day and be in my own home with a car to drive, mail to check, a nice bed to sleep in, a closet to hold my clothes instead of a suitcase and a fridge full of food instead of a restaurant menu! I definitely can't complain about working camps- it's a great job and I get to see a lot of cool things and do something I love- but after this summer schedule I'm ready to get back to a normal daily life!

No comments: