Tuesday, September 1, 2009

MSU volleyball

Back to school, back to volleyball...
Well school actually starts tomorrow but the MSU volleyball team was back in action this weekend so Mikel and I went to check things out. On Friday night MSU actually upset USC who was #12 in the nation and that was an awesome game but of course- no camera. We went back on Saturday to watch them play University of North Carolina who they beat to win the tournament! They should be good this season!

They had a good crowd of over 2,000 both nights!

Apparently nobody is above technical problems. A couple players ran into the scorers table and unplugged the scoreboard so they had to bring out the flip score!
Another couple pictures of Jenison Fieldhouse.... All the Big Ten team flags and the extra practice courts. This is also one of the buildings I will be teaching in this semester...

I had orientation and a special training for the past week and things have gone really well. Getting back into the swing of things is not always easy but it's so much easier this year not being a newbie! I am teaching two lecture classes this semester, The Healthy Lifestyle and Physical Growth and Motor Development. Should be an interesting semester- I'm excited! I'm also working on two different research projects and moved my office out of the basement into a better office with just a couple people which is nice.

I'm sure there will be a lot more going on once school starts tomorrow- better put on my helmet and get ready!!

No comments: