Sunday, June 27, 2010

it's almost july?!?!

I cannot believe how fast the summer is going! Luckily, the first half of the summer is the busy/teaching part and the second half is the fun/vacation part. Mikel will be working throughout (with time off obviously for vacations.  


Thursday is my last day of summer school and I have to say I'm excited! It's been a great summer with two good classes but no work is always better than work! During summer school there's always more of a mix of students (not all kinesiology majors) in classes which makes it interesting at times. Different departments definitely have different cultures/expectations/levels of proficiency expected. It is a shock to some. The good news is that I get paid all summer even though my appointment ends on the first so I'll be collecting paychecks on vacation-- just how I like it! I actually do have some of my own school work to do the second half of the summer but at least now I'll have some time to myself to think straight and I won't have to deal with students. 


It is shaping up to look like we are going to have a busy July. First, a couple days in Seattle before an Alaskan cruise with the Bushman clan. Then, Mikel will head home as I do a couple volleyball camps in Idaho before we both head to Georgia so I can work another volleyball camp and we can do a lot of exploring! August should be fairly calm and then school starts on September 1st! 


Right now, thinking about planning and packing and we're excited about our upcoming adventures!

No comments: