Friday, September 10, 2010

Whew! Another week down!

Time is flying back and I've been criticized critiqued on my blog updating skills encouraged to provide an update. Well, we survived the first week of school and I think it's going to be a good semester. I have two classes-- one is filled with freshman and the other is all seniors; it's entertaining to see the huge difference in their approaches to the first week of school. My freshman are all little stress balls. They are in class 20 minutes early, have their books out, come up and introduce themselves to me, not to mention that they are all dressed up in their first-day-of-school outfits. The seniors on the other hand, roll in at the last minute, get irritated by the idea of calling roll, ask if they REALLY need to buy the text, and are in a sweatshirt and ponytail (looking like it was a gift that they changed out of their sweatpants). Not all of them fall in these categories but the vast majority do. It will all even up in a couple weeks. For now, I'm playing into the fear of college and having high expectations of my freshman; it's so nice to have students that prepared for class!!

As for volleyball, they had a good weekend in Hawaii and I haven't let them forget that I was here in the rain while they were on the beach! They are back home again here and just beat a good Clemson team tonight. Two more games tomorrow! Another plus-- they give me free food! I went to pre-game meal with them and ended up with practically a catering tray full of rice, chicken, and green beans... delicious!!

I also got the opportunity to work the first football game with my Breslin center staff so that was fun! Mikel is planning on going hunting next weekend with his friend Matt and he's super excited. There's talk of bows and trail cams and tree stands and if I knew what any of the talk really meant I shared more but alas, I don't!

As for the weather, it's been getting a little chillier around here. Highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s and 50s. Hopefully we'll have a little more warm weather because it becomes fall and then winter (also known as the evil season).

Anyways, blogging reminds me that we need to take more pictures so hopefully we'll find a new adventure soon!

No comments: