Tuesday, August 31, 2010

back to school

And I didn't even get to go shopping!!! No back to school shopping here and there won't be any. At least until I get a back to school paycheck!

Tomorrow it begins again... and hopefully for my last semester of class work which is the only thing encouraging about the semester! Actually, I'm to the point where I'm teaching classes for the second and third time which is nice to have some of the prep work done. This semester I got Foundations of Kinesiology and Sociology of Sport. Both of the classes I like and, although I'm team teaching, it's with a friend of mine so it shouldn't be too bad.

I am taking two classes (and if everything goes well they will be the last two); one is a research statistics class and the other is Psychology of Gender. After that I will have to take (and pass-- that's the plan) my comprehensive exams and then dissertation time! That's still a lot of work to do but it's exciting to near the first big milestone!

Other than coursework, I've started working with the MSU volleyball team as a sport psychology consultant. It's  the perfect opportunity to be around and help but not have to put in all the hours and travel of a full-time coach. They won their first tournament at home but now they are in Hawaii  for a tournament so I am just sitting at home and crossing my fingers that they can pick up a win or two. It'll be quite a challenge for them-- lots of good teams!

With the start of school here, all of the students have moved back in to town and that we are not enjoying. Summer traffic definitely spoiled us and now between there being more students around and lots of road construction that is not complete, it's difficult to get around.

Mikel is busy working a lot and waiting (impatiently) for hunting season to open. He is loving his new bow and  has gotten permission with a friend to hunt some land outside of town so at least he won't have to go far!

No comments: