Wednesday, August 11, 2010

road trip part 1

So after our AMAZING time with my family on the Alaskan cruise, Mikel came back to Michigan to work and I headed to Idaho to work a couple volleyball camps. I flew into Salt Lake City, spent the night with Lois (my old roommate from Pocatello), then headed to Pocatello for three days. After that camp, I went to Boise for a three day camp there. It was a super quick trip but fun to get some gym time and see some family and friends in Idaho. I wish Mikel could have come too but maybe next time!


After that trip, Mikel picked me up from the Detroit airport and we headed towards Georgia! Mika (who I worked with at ISU) is the head coach at Berry College in Georgia and I went to work her volleyball camp. 


This is the trip we took...


We couldn't make too many stops on the way down because we had to get there quick but our first stop was Xavier University in Cincinnati. It was in a slightly sketchy part of town but it was a beautiful campus...
This is Mikel's excited road trip face:
Our next stop was Louisville, KY and University of Kentucky. Kentucky, by the way, was a BEAUTIFUL drive!
After that we went through Tennessee and checked out University of Tennessee in Knoxville. 
Knoxville was really pretty!


Our last stop before we got to Mika's house was at an extremely sketchy truck stop. I mean REALLY sketchy! 
Good start to a fun trip!

No comments: