Tuesday, February 21, 2012

being sick stinks!

The title pretty much sums it up: being sick stinks!

This weekend we had a wonderful three day weekend with Monday off for President's day. I was so excited to have a long weekend and we started it off by going to basketball games against Montana Tech on Friday night. It was the last regular season home games for our men's and women's basketball teams and senior night for both groups. It's fun to be in a town where going to the weekend basketball games is the thing to do in town and it's even better when both teams beat Tech!

After the games and the long week of work, I was pretty tired so we rented a movie and watched it with a friend at home. Saturday I woke up not feeling well and that continued through the weekend. Every day, the sickness seemed to change it up on me but I still felt icky all weekend. 

Luckily, I was sick over the weekend so I didn't really miss any work or get too behind but unfortunately, we didn't get to do much fun over the weekend because I was pretty wiped.

Mikel only has two more weeks of his block left to teach which is awesome. He's really enjoying it and it seems to be going really well! When his block is over, we will get a long weekend and then I am back to teaching for four weeks. The block scheduling has been a really nice balance with us taking turns teaching and, because we share some office space and computers, it would be much tougher for us to teach at the same time.