Sunday, May 31, 2009

1st anniversary

Yesterday was our first anniversary! I can't believe how fast the last year has flown by! We got married, went to Hawaii, Mikel finished his masters, we moved to Michigan, and I finished my first year of my PhD program! It was a fun and challenging year but we survived!

At this time last year, this is what we were doing...


But this year was a lot quieter. Mikel had to work yesterday so Friday night we tried out a new restaurant that is a little out of town but it's always busy so we figured it must be good (and it was DELICIOUS)! We figured Friday was an OK day to celebrate because it was 365 days of being married!

This is the restaurant we went to...

We didn't realize it was still zoomed in from taking a picture of the sign but the picture turned out pretty good anyways!
Also, Mikel got me a very nice necklace for a wedding present and I got him something but it wasn't too exciting so this year, I got him a present. He really wanted a new golf bag and he kept talking about this one he had seen so I snuck out and got it for him. Unfortunately for him, the clubs aren't new but he was excited about the bag!

No comments: