Monday, May 18, 2009

our recent adventure-- Grand Ledge

We are loving summer!! Now that Mikel isn't teaching a class at MSU he actually has been having days off and we love it.

Today we slept in, made breakfast, I went to school and dropped off some paperwork and worked out while Mikel ran some errands, and then we went on a little adventure. We wanted to find somewhere to hike/trail walk and Mikel suggested Grand Ledge. Turns out it's just a couple of minutes away and there's bunches of trails!!


All of these parks and places are beautiful- there's so much green and so much water!!

Every time we visit somewhere we talk about how pretty it would be to come back in the fall when the leaves are changing colors...
This is a fish ladder... I had no idea what it was but I guess it makes sense- the fish need some way to get around the dam.







We took so many pictures, as usual, but we thought we'd share at least some!! We are so so thankful to have such a nice digital camera to take pictures of everything!!

And yes, I know I have research to do and I'm starting to work on it tomorrow! MSU, unlike ISU, takes a week break in between spring semester and summer school which seems like such a better idea than graduation on Saturday and school starting again on Monday. Either way, I enjoyed my week of relaxation and it's time to start working again.

No comments: