Wednesday, May 20, 2009

driving range

Today we tried another something new (at least for me)! Mikel played golf in high school, quite successfully, but I have never played or even really hit at the driving range. Mini golf isn't really even my game-- I'm terrible.

There are golf courses EVERYWHERE around here and we've been talking about playing a lot. Unfortunately, my left handedness makes it difficult to just go out and hit balls but the driving range had a couple clubs they let me try and it was pretty fun!!


Just in case, I dusted off Don, my knee brace (the company who makes it is Don Joy) so I didn't get in trouble with Dr. Wall but I felt good!


As for my knee, it's feeling pretty good! The biggest annoyance is that I'm now a human barometer and can tell when it's going to rain by my aching but I don't have a lot of pain or stiffness. It does pop and crack when I do a lot of things but Dr. Wall said that is expected and as long as it doesn't hurt me too bad that it's not a huge concern or surprise. Although I have to be a little more creative than I would like to sometimes, I can workout and it does feel much better now that the screws are out!

No comments: