Monday, July 27, 2009

Gray's Peak hike

I've had a great time in California visiting family and relaxing a little. Although it would have been nice to be making money at a camp, I was about ready for a break after 3 camps in a row! I'm writing now from the Las Vegas airport before my flight to Salt Lake City. When I land from there I'm headed to Jackson Hole to work, then back to Pocatello, then Boise, Alaska, and Chatsworth to finish up.

While I was at home, I went on a hike to Gray's Peak in Big Bear with my parents, aunts Barbara and Brandy, and some of my parents' friends from their little church group.


It was BEAUTIFUL on the way up! We had some nice cloud cover to save us from being to hot and we enjoyed a little break after the 3 miles up.

This is me and my aunt Barbara on the top
Right as our friends were taking this picture on the way down, we saw some lightning and started hurrying down. With about 2 miles to go, it was POURING rain and soon started hailing! We were absolutely soaked by the time we got in the car to drive back down the mountain. This is our wet group right before we got in the car...

It was a wet, squishy ride home but we'll definitely have a story to tell for awhile!

Overall, it was a great trip home and I'm ready to start camps again. My plane is about to board so I will write more soon!

No comments: