Thursday, December 23, 2010

family everywhere!


No matter how far away from home we go, we always seem to find people we know somehow! Since we have been here, I have met a few of my mom's cousins but at one of our latest basketball games I met Jim and Susan McCaffrey.

I will stop now to explain my dashing outfit. It's my uniform-- blue blazer, khaki pants. It's unfortunate but true. Because I'm not exactly racking up the big bucks working at Breslin, Mikel and I went on a mission to find a blue blazer at a thrift store. My $2.50 blazer has earned us a lot of money so it's a win (plus, does anybody look good in a blue blazer)! Plus, the radio and ear piece make me look official don't they?! Anyways, there's no good excuse for not doing my hair besides that I don't usually see a lot of people I know and we're on break from school!

Back to the story, with the students out of town the alumni band performs at a lot of the basketball games and Jim is the director. I introduced myself and we put the pieces together about who he was and who I was! Family everywhere!

Other than working basketball games, I have been catching up on a lot of sleep and projects around the house and Mikel has been doing A LOT of working. With Christmas fast approaching, the lines are getting longer and patience is getting thinner. This makes for long days of work but hopefully the money will be all worth it in the end! When he's not working Mikel is generally tying flies and ice fishing!

No comments: