Tuesday, December 28, 2010

things I love about home...

I love going home. I love being around family and the comforts of home. Since we are getting a great Christmas present and going to Riverside in a few days, here are some of the random things I like about being home...


  1. Toast-- this is so random but I eat a lot of toast when I'm at home. It's delicious! It's must be the mix of good bread, soft butter, and perfect toaster oven but I always eat toast for a snack at home and never anywhere else!
  2. The SPORT clinic-- I used to be a morning person but I am not so much any more. I think that Mikel being the complete opposite of a morning person has swayed my personal sleep habits but I can still get up early and go to the SPORT clinic. Those guys put me back together and helped me stay on the court so many times that it's not a true trip home until I visit!
  3. I can always count on my dad to help me do laundry and my mom to help me pack-- granted, these things usually mean I'm getting ready to leave again which makes me sad but I love these times. I must admit however, that my mom's version of "helping" me pack is not entirely helpful! It's more keeping me company while I pack.
  4. Taco Tuesdays with the Bushmans-- don't mind the fact that this does not generally happen on Tuesdays and nobody ever eats tacos anymore, it's a wonderful time to see my peeps!
  5. The Lakers on channel 9-- in Idaho and in Michigan we do not get nearly as many Laker games as they do on local channels so I soak them up when I'm there!
  6. Wells Fargo-- why do they not have them in Michigan?!? It's so much more convenient when I can actually go to the bank when I need to.
  7. Onions, avocados, and salads with spinach and "weeds"-- all of these things are delicious but because Mikel doesn't like them, we don't have them very often (ever) around here. I would end up throwing away so much left over food that it isn't worth buying; I just wait until I get home and get my fill.
  8. Warm weather and sun-- we haven't had either for awhile and I can't wait to go somewhere without wearing a coat or worrying about starting the car five minutes before I want to leave so I don't freeze.
**Yes, I could have made this entire list about food but I contained myself.

No comments: