Sunday, July 1, 2012

only in Dillon

When I was growing up in California, there are some things about my life now that I could have never imagined. Moving to Pocatello was moving to a small town but I had NO IDEA what I was getting into. I went to Pocatello with the intention of going to ISU for 4 years and then moving back to California. What California girl thinks anything different?!

Obviously this didn't work out and everything that did was for the best. I love my life how it is now even though I never could have imagined it!

In this same thread, there are a lot of things that I couldn't have imagined:

  • Living in a town with one stoplight
  • Living in a town where, if you say "THE three way stop", everyone knows what you are talking about
  • Working at a college that is about a quarter of the size of my high school
  • Living next to the town mortician and his "shop" and that not being weird at all
  • Seeing people wearing boots with spurs while eating a Dairy Queen
  • Being at a dinner on campus and introducing myself to someone and having her say "oh, I know who you are, and I am quite familiar with your team".... I'm just hoping that was a good thing
  • Living somewhere where your tan lines went away when it wasn't summertime 
  • Living somewhere where a wave doesn't mean the person knows you- EVERYONE waves
  • Living somewhere were anything above 90* weather is unheard of (this one isn't so bad actually)
I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of for now. I am loving Dillon and think it was the perfect move for us at the time. Only in Dillon.