Sunday, October 4, 2009

a fun weekend!!

So Josh was in town this weekend to visit and it was a great time! We didn't manage to take any pictures so I made the boys take one at the airport this afternoon when we dropped off Josh. Of course they gave me a hard time but look how happy they look together!

This weekend I went to the MSU volleyball game against Illinois. MSU has been having a great season as was ranked #23 in the country this weekend and after beating Illinois, who was ranked #12, I'm sure their ranking will probably go up!
Not only was Josh in town but Shad (our friend from Idaho who now goes to UM dental school) and some of his friends from UM came in town on Friday night and stayed for some tailgating on Saturday morning. We had about 6 people spending the night in our little apartment-- it was crowded but definitely a lot of fun!

So Saturday was the big MSU vs. UM football game so we woke up early and loaded up the car and drove down to campus for some tailgating and fun. The boys did most of the tailgating and I headed to the stadium because I was lucky enough to get to work the game with the job I got at the Breslin Center. They needed some people to work football games so I jumped at the opportunity; I wasn't quite sure what they needed me to do but I showed up dressed for the weather. It turned out to be about the easiest money I've ever made! Our job was to seat the students in the student section for the game. I had to be there 2 hours early and my job was to make sure all the rows are filled and that everyone sits close enough together so all the students fit who bought a ticket!

I didn't take my camera because I wasn't sure what I was going to be doing but the next game I will definitely take some pictures and maybe some video to share! We only have to work until 5 minutes into the 2nd half and then we are free to leave or stay and watch the rest of the game. I'm not sure why they keep us that long because after about 10 minutes into the 1st quarter all the students are there and the stands are full so we didn't really do anything! It was a great view of the game though so I can't complain!

And, of course, it's a great day to be a Spartan because we beat UM in overtime for the second year in a row (sorry Uncle Roger-- I think it was the lucky Spartan mug)!! I heard it was the first time since Lyndon Johnson was in the White House that MSU has beat UM 2 years in a row!

So after I was done working, Mikel, Josh, Casey (Mikel's friend from Sears), and I came home, relaxed and enjoyed the MSU victory (Casey is BIG TIME a UM fan).

On the way home from dropping Josh off at the airport, Mikel and I took the scenic road...

We saw the Bloated Goat Saloon.... sounds delicious, right?
A pretty barn with stormy skies in the background.
And deer!
It was a great weekend and I'm sure we will sleep great tonight! We are supposed to get rain for about a week straight but at least it's not snowing yet (like it is in Idaho)!

No comments: