Sunday, October 25, 2009

MSU v Iowa football

I worked my second football game yesterday for the MSU-Iowa game; it was only the 2nd night game in the history of Spartan Stadium. Mikel and I never realized there were no lights in the stadium until the game but they brought it huge lights and it was definitely plenty bright in the stadium!

A night game was fun to be a part of but it was COLD! It was 41 degrees (but thank goodness it stopped raining shortly after I got there) and, at the top of the stadium, it was windy! Brrrr!!

The game wasn't as wild as the first game (against Michigan) but it was still pretty exciting and the announced attendance was over 74,000. I'm guessing the stadium got pretty exciting at the end when MSU lost on the last play of the game but I was already at home in my sweats with the heater on watching it on my tv! After Mikel picked me up I came home and got in a nice warm shower to warm back up!
I work two more games-- against Western Michigan and Penn State-- I'm going to have to warm up my wardrobe choices so I can stay for the whole game!

This first video is just a pan of the stadium... I was standing in the very last row at the top of the stadium behind the student section.


This second video is what happens after MSU gets a first down. The band plays a small part of the fight song and everyone sings along and then the count "1-2-3, first down b*#$%!" We're known for having an... animated student section. It's not very clear in the video (probably a good thing) but pretty amazing how many different things the student section does throughout the game and how everyone knows exactly what's going on. Maybe there's a training session in the dorms when you're a freshman!



Mikel's been doing some more fishing lately but the pictures are on a different camera so I'll have to add some of those when I can get them!

No comments: