Tuesday, January 19, 2010

ice fishing

Mikel got the chance to go ice fishing with a guy from work on Monday and, of course, jumped at the opportunity! I have a personal philosophy that prevents me from doing things in the cold (because I do not enjoy being cold) so I stayed at home with the heater on. Now, of course, if I found something that I REALLY enjoyed doing that required being in weather below 40 degrees I might reconsider but that hasn't happened yet so I am happy with my decision. This philosophy also applies to getting up early on vacation days (if it's fun at 4 in the morning, wouldn't it still be fun at 10?? I realize this isn't always the case but has worked fairly well for me thus far).



There was about 5 guys and they caught around 50 fish. Mikel said it was a lot of fun and, according to the guys he was with it wasn't even a "good day". They caught perch, blue gills, bass, and a sun fish and no, I don't personally know what any of those things are but I asked Mikel! He didn't bring any home but some of the other guys did.

I, on the other hand, stayed at home in my sweats on my day off from school and did homework under a blanket while I watched ESPN and ate popcorn-- a good day for all!!

No comments: