Sunday, January 17, 2010

January cleaning...


The worst part of the Christmas season is when it ends. The lights are turned off, the decorations are packed away and school starts again. As soon as I got home from Riverside I was thinking about taking down the Christmas decorations. Unfortunately, I have two completely empty closets. Why is this unfortunate? Because all of the contents of those closets is stacked, piled, and tossed into our extra room. All of this was piled around the boxes that should contain our Christmas stuff. Why are the closets empty? Because our apartment complex people are rewiring for a new cable company. This of course is a month long process, or more (we're not out of the woods yet-- this is only step one) and they need access to different rooms and closets in our apartment. For that reason, our extra room looks like this:




It's quite the disaster area. It was nearing the 15th of January though and I could no longer in good conscious leave up our Christmas tree. Especially because Mikel had gathered the majority of the decorations and they were covering out table. It's like an army of Christmas cheer!


I tackled the project while Mikel was at work the other day. An empty Christmas tree is the worst part but I was really excited to use our new box for Christmas ornaments that we got in Frankenmuth at the Christmas extravaganza store.


Now we are all set to take on 2010! Hopefully we'll be able to use our closets again soon! We can't really complain about the closet situation at least compared to others who have split their apartment down the middle with a roommate. One person must have their whole life piled in the room. I would be so stressed!! The worst thing about this whole thing is that my vacuum is buried in a whole mess of stuff-- hopefully this is done soon!


I have survived my first week of school and am looking forward to my first day off of the semester tomorrow! It will be a busy semester with lots of new challenges but I'm looking forward to it!



No comments: