Sunday, May 16, 2010

lazy summer

We have had a wonderful week of laziness between the end of spring semester and the beginning of summer. The only thing that could have made it better would have been some more sun and warmer temperatures so I could sit out by the pool... I need some color on this pale body!!


This semester nearly killed me. I had great classes and I loved teaching but I had a HUGE load. The load I had is as much as I would teach as a full-time professor when I get a job. That would be great except for I had my own classes on top of that to deal with and I definitely don't get paid like a full-time professor! There is good news: I have now taught every class in the department that I will ever teach in my time here (unless of course the add a class). This will make the next two years easier, only in theory of course!

This past week (after the graduations and mushroom hunting) we have been relaxing, watching movies, and generally avoiding school work. Well I've been avoiding school work, Mikel still has to go to work. Starting tomorrow, I will be teaching two summer school classes through the month of June. I am team teaching both classes (Healthy Lifestyles and Ethical Issues in Athletics) with Brett. Basically, I'm doing this because I wanted to teach Ethical Issues and figured Brett had seniority and so the only way I would be able to teach is if I figured out an arrangement that I could get him to agree to! It should be fun and it's only the first session so after July 1, I will be done teaching for the summer. After that, we are going to Alaska (so excited!!) and I will be working a couple of volleyball camps. Then, a few classes, some teaching, a lot of dissertation work, and we can start thinking about our next adventure! 

No comments: