Sunday, May 2, 2010

super creepy


So I found this on a random discussion board and at first I thought it was just some scam or something but a lot of people had said they checked it out and they were really listed so I checked it out and I was on it too (as were my parents and a lot of people). It has addresses, phone numbers, income, interests, and lots of junk. It's really creepy. 

Anyways, here's what I found and the information on how to remove yourself...

"Spokeo: an online "phone book" publishes personal info about you... your credit scores, facebook photos, home value, income, age... 
Quite alarming. 
To remove yourself: Go to Spokeo.com. Type in your name. Copy the URL for the page you are listed on. Click on the privacy button at the bottom of the page. Remove. Confirm removal via the email they send you."

Just a heads up, if you have an old email address or one for junk I would use that one because there's probably then potential for getting junk email (better still in my opinion than my address being on the internet). 

No comments: