Wednesday, May 12, 2010

mushroom hunting



Spring semester is finally over!! Last weekend I worked A LOT of graduations and since then I have been doing A LOT of relaxing!


Unlike ISU's one graduation ceremony, MSU has 19 different ceremonies in three different facilities over three days. It is crazy madness but makes for a lot of hours for me to work so I can't complain! 


Mikel has also been doing a lot of working; with the warming up of spring and summer, lawn mowers and other equipment are keeping him very busy! He did take a couple days off and go mushroom hunting with some friends from work. Although I didn't go this time, I think this is the only type of hunting I could do.... I don't have to actually kill anything, I don't have to be quiet, and I don't have to do it in the cold. That sounds way better than the other options! And they were camping... I love camping!




 They were looking for Morel mushrooms and found a lot! You can eat them; they are more substantive and meaty than other types of mushrooms but taste good. The texture of them get me a little bit but they're pretty good! They found three different kinds: white, black, and grey but apparently there are lots of different kinds. Besides the color, there is very subtle differences in taste but they're pretty much the same.

No comments: