Monday, May 31, 2010

Naperville

o this weekend Mikel and I headed to Naperville, a suburb of Chicago. I was there to watch some volleyball (a high school girl I'm helping out) but after the tournament we headed to downtown. 


The volleyball tournament was in the morning and we headed to Naperville in the afternoon. The town has a huge beautiful park with a pool built from an old limestone rock quarry, some sand volleyball courts, paddle boats, statues and memorials, a skate park, and a 4 mile river walk trail.


For some reason I can't get these pictures in the right order but you get the idea!




We cruised around and found a place for dinner by the water.
It was a hot and sweaty day and the outfit I was wearing wasn't too flattering, but I had to share the pictures still!
These cute little geese came by our table!


Then we found a place that sells just straight cookie dough. They had a bunch of different flavors but we decided to go with just the classic chocolate chip. There's not way we could finish one together but it was good. Don't worry, it was made without eggs!


This is a mural of their downtown in the 1960s (I think)....


Overall, a very cute town (although it's actually not very small-- it's the 5th largest city in Illinois)!


No comments: