Tuesday, March 29, 2011

the Den

This is a picture from my trip to Dillon that I forgot about with my last post.

It's a little grainy because well, I took it in the bar and I had to turn on the flash or all these people would have thought I was a creeper taking their picture to post on some obscure blog/website. Well, that's exactly what I was doing but nobody will ever know!

This place is called The Lion's Den and it's quite the happening place in Dillon. I came here on my interview and ate here three times during my week. Once for lunch to watch the UMW men's basketball play in the NAIA tournament (one of the only places that had it on tv), once when I was looking for some real food to take back to my hotel when the taco bus was closed, and once when I went out to dinner with the AD's wife.

It's always packed and the owners and BIG TIME supporters of the university so I've been advised that it's good to be on the good side! The arena at UMW is actually named after one of the owners. I'm pretty sure he was a very successful basketball coach there for 20 some years. He also seems to always sits at the same table right by the door to people watch. They were very nice and offered to buy me a drink when I went in looking for dinner so I think I'm ok for now!

The place is really cute and cozy, complete with deer mounts on the wall. The food has been really good too I imagine that Mikel and I may visit a time or two.

No comments: