Friday, March 25, 2011

Montana trip

Last week was absolute madness during my week in Dillon. 

I left East Lansing on the 3:30am shuttle, got on a plane around 7:30, had a lay over in Minneapolis/St. Paul, landed in Bozeman around 10:30am, found my luggage and the player who came to pick me up, managed to shove my luggage in the trunk of her bug, got to Dillon about 12:30 and met with the AD to get my car, keys to my office, and check into the hotel. From there, I think I had lunch some time, the AD left around 3:00 with the men's basketball team for the NAIA tournament, I had my first practice at 3:30 including a recruit, met with the recruit after practice, realized I couldn't sign on to my office computer or laptop without a campus account, couldn't use my office phone without the password, wrapped things up and headed to our friends house for dinner. This is when I was introduced to the taco bus for the first time. By the time I got back to my hotel I was exhausted but of course managed to talk to Mikel and my parents about the day. And that was Monday!

The rest of the week was more of the same... practices, recruits, trying not to get lost, asking for lots of help, getting lost, buying clothes in the bookstore, crashing at the hotel, eating at the taco bus, and repeat! All the people at UMW are absolutely amazing though; it's such a great atmosphere full of people who will drop everything and help you, want to meet and get to know you, and have nothing but good things to say about the girls on my team. 

I didn't get around to taking any picture on campus until my very last day there but I couldn't leave without documentation for the blog, could I?!


 Main Hall...
 Technology Center...
 P.E. Complex-- my building! My office, the gym, and the classrooms I will be using are all in here...
 Right around the side of my building is my parking space-- so convenient...
 The hall upstairs in the PE Complex. All of the coaches and HHP (health and human performance) professors are here...
 My office...

Not too bad! 

It was a great week and the trip back was just as much of a whirlwind as getting there. I am so thankful for the people who were able to cover my classes and take care of things so I could do this. Now, I'm just ready for Mikel to get back from his trip to Idaho. He's having fun but I miss him!

I thought I'd throw these pictures in too from the crazy storm back in February. I forgot to ever get these off the camera!


No comments: