Friday, March 11, 2011

spring break

There's not much exciting going on here over spring break. 

Last year, we went to Indianapolis for the symposium about sport psychology with Dr. Appleby (our advisor from ISU). We just got notification that the article we wrote based on the symposium was published and we were actually the featured article for the journal. They sent us a couple free copies of edition which was nice. 

With all the busyness that is going on this year, we didn't have any big trips planned this year. Unfortunately, it snowed the first day of spring break and then again yesterday which clearly indicates it's too early to be having "spring" break.

Mikel has been working and fishing as much as possible. I would include pictures but he has not taken any so I have nothing to share. 

I have been coaching my last week of club (thank goodness), working in my office without interruptions from students, and covering some events at Breslin. This week we have had the team banquets for both men's and women's basketball. These were quite the events! They were about 4 hours long and started with a cocktail reception and then continued to dinner. There were nearly 900 people at the men's with tickets at $45 a plate. 
It covered the whole arena floor... 


I could hear the ceremony from my position but the Breslin Center looks very different when it's completely empty...

Tonight and Sunday, I am working the Caravan Circus and on Saturday I have my last tournament. Hopefully I have some semblance of a full team and they play hard!

Next week, I will be headed to Dillon to get things going at University of Montana Western. I'm excited to get there but am not looking forward to the flying. Anything over a one hour time change is just not cool.  After that, Mikel is headed to Idaho for a trip he has definitely been looking forward to!

In the midst of it all, we're collecting boxes in anticipation for our move, trying to find someone to take over the lease of our apartment, and I have a stack of papers to grade!

Off to have a productive day!

No comments: